As vaping becomes increasingly popular as a successful means of quitting smoking, some newer terms and phrases confuse even the seasoned vaper. To simplify matters, I want to use this short article to inform you and describe many of these vaping terms that you might not know. Hopefully, this will give you a better understanding of vaping and improve your vaping journey.
All Things E-Liquid
There are many vaping terms related to e-liquid, e-juice or vape liquid, from the several mix ratios to the different components of e-liquid used by vapers in their devices. Here goes –
- PG – Propylene Glycol – one of the main ingredients of e-liquid.
- VG – Vegetable Glycerin – also one of the components of vape juice.
- Salt nic – a newer form of nicotine used in e-liquid.
- 50/50 – vape juice with even amounts of PG and VG.
- 80/20 – e-liquid with a higher level of PG for greater flavour.
- 70/30 – vape liquid with more VG for more significant vapour clouds.
- Shortfill – e-liquid with no nicotine pre-mixed.
- Shots or Nic shot – add to shortfill e-liquid to the user’s design.
Some of the terms might seem self-explanatory, but if you don’t know what they mean, they might well remain a mystery; hopefully, that is not now the case.
Vaping Devices Explained
If you are new to vaping and still using a disposable vape pen, the next step to a more advanced vape device may seem confusing; let’s see if we can help with that.
- AIO – All-In-One describes vape devices with all the components included.
- ADV – All Day Vape terms for an e-liquid so good you’ll use it all day.
- Coil contained within the tank or pod that, when heated, produces vapour.
- Clearomizer – a smaller vape tank used in vape pens.
- Drip Tip – this is the mouthpiece that you inhale through.
- Mods – more powerful advanced vape devices.
- Pods – the newest design of vape device, uses a pod instead of a tank.
- Sub 0hm is a coil with lower resistance used for larger vapour clouds.
- Tank – contain the coil and is filled with e-liquid.
- Vent Holes – used in some devices to change the airflow.
- VV – Variable Voltage – advanced devices can change voltage.
- VW – Variable Wattage – again, the ability to change the wattage on a vape device.
I hope that has given you some ideas for what sort of vape device might be the next step in your vaping experience; many excellent vape devices are available.
Other Vaping Terms You Might Not Know
Having covered a great deal of information when talking about vape devices and the e-liquid used in them, there are still some terms that may be alien to you; in a final shortlist of different vaping phrases, we’ll cover anything not already referred.
- Cloud Chaser – a vaper who dreams of massive vapour clouds.
- Dry Hit – when you inhale, and the liquid hasn’t burnt properly.
- DTL – Direct-To-Lung is a style of vaping where the vapour is drawn straight into the lungs.
- MTL – Mouth-To-Lung is the style of vaping used by many.
- Throat Hit – used to describe the sensation on the throat when vaping.
So, there we are, the majority of vaping terms debunked and explained there we are. You’re now more informed about the vaping world and where you might proceed on your onward journey.